Saturday, January 31, 2009

Paint

January 31, 2009

Today's Work - Untitled Rainy Cityscape - still in progress

Palette

Windsor & Newton: Burnt Sienna, Alizarin Crimson, Prussian Blue
Graham: Cadmium Yellow and Ultramarine Blue
Old Holland: Titanium White

Let's talk about paint for a little bit. I have a large quantity of Windsor & Newton oil paint that I have accumulated over the years and I'm trying to use it up. Don't get me wrong, it's alright as far as paint goes, but I think I'm becoming more of a snob when it comes to texture.

I bought a tube of titanium white by Old Holland and my world changed. The feel of it is so much better. Not to mention it's hard to come by titanium white in the Windsor & Newton brand these days.

I have some tubes of M. Graham that I asked for a couple Christmases ago. I don't mind it for glazing, but it can be a little thin. Doesn't build as well as the Old Holland.

If I had the money, I'd replace it all.

But I don't. Yet.

-Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment